Job Title: Lead Facilitator on the Collective Resilience with Movember’ Project
Hours: Freelance contractor. Work availability changes per project and is seasonal.
Location: Multiple facilitators as part of teams based in Manchester and Salford delivering in person workshops. The occasional workshop may require online delivery. You may be offered future facilitation work that requires travel within the UK.
Fee: from £168/day or hourly equivalent; during training and when facilitating sessions during the Movember project.
Reporting to: Project Leads
Contract Type: Contractor
Beyond Equality works with men and boys towards gender equality, inclusive communities, and healthier relationships.We have had deep and transformative conversations with over 50,000 men, young men and boys about their lives and how they want to make positive changes for gender equality and better communities.
Beyond Equality is assembling local teams of Lead Facilitators to run our healthy masculinities and mental well-being workshops. We’re looking for people to be a part of our ‘Collective Resilience with Movember’ project, who have a level of awareness of the challenges surrounding masculinity in today's society and, have a keen interest in creating inclusive organisations.
The Collective Resilience with Movember project aims to create local 'Hubs' where Lead Facilitators (trained by Beyond Equality's highly experienced team) deliver workshops to local community groups. This is a great opportunity to be a part of an exciting project designed to give men aged 18-30 space to build positive relationships.
Deadline: rolling evaluation of applications with an application closing date of Sunday 26th March. Invitation to interview from Monday 27th March to Friday 15th April.
The earlier you submit the earlier we will be able to evaluate your application and invite you to interview. Paid onboarding for successful candidates will commence from April 2023 onwards, exact date TBC.
Duties and Responsibilities
Once trained, Lead Facilitators will deliver 3 x workshops to local community groups around the subjects of:
- Team Talk
- Collective Resilience & Mental Well-being
Feedback on Workshops
- Standard feedback and other basic administration tasks are required after every workshop.
Our dream Lead Facilitators can think creatively about how to reach people through facilitation, and are able to create spaces for people to navigate difficult conversations. People who have experience and skills as youth workers or community group leaders are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrated commitment to compassion
- Commitment to anti-oppression work including anti-racism and gender justice work.
- Strong facilitation skills and the ability to create courageous spaces for individual and group reflections.
- Capable of guiding people through new and challenging ideas in creative and engaging ways.
- Understand the importance of putting adequate time into preparing for a workshop in advance, and who can think on their feet
- A working knowledge of gendered socialisation & stereotypes, social norms & group dynamics, power dynamics (particularly systems of privilege/oppression including race and class oppression)
- Awareness of the challenges surrounding masculinity in today's society
- Awareness of local community groups in Manchester/Salford for men aged 18-30.
- Experience of facilitating group learning at a professional level (including youth work in community organisations)
- Experience of working with men in a community setting
- Training or experience in these areas; Youth Work, Coaching or Mentoring, Allyship, Healthy Relationships, Mental Wellbeing Training, Gender/Masculinities Workshops or Safeguarding
- Experience working in anti-oppression, sexual violence prevention, masculinities or mental wellbeing.
- We are currently recruiting for Manchester and Salford. Future opportunities may become available for other locations in the UK at a later date.
- All onboarding is paid
- All Lead Facilitators are required to attend a four-day onboarding training course (dates TBC)
- All Lead Facilitators will be trained & observe relevant workshops
- You will begin by co-facilitating with a more experienced facilitator.
- Beyond Equality prides itself on a culture of reflection, iterative improvement and learning
- Lead facilitators will have access to the Beyond Equality ongoing learning and training, including weekly events, resources and learning platforms.
- There are leadership development opportunities through future workshop coordination and volunteer management.
Compensation and Contract
Lead Facilitator pay rate is £168/day, during an onboarding and shadowing period. Higher rates are available for experienced trainers, with development opportunities available. Facilitators are paid for time spent in briefing, debriefing and any training.
Specific project requirements will be determined quarterly, with some Lead Facilitators expected to be working part-time and others as casual freelancers.
Beyond Equality values diversity and inclusion and we have worked to create an application process that is as accessible as possible, however we still recognise that there is maybe more we can do especially for applicants who are minoritised in society, have specific accessibility needs and/or experience discrimination. If this is the case we are happy and open to discussing better ways to support your candidacy and make this application process as equitable as possible for you.
We’re open to non-conventional experience and expertise. People from communities which traditionally experience discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity or immigration status; new parents; people with disabilities and LGBTQI+ people are encouraged to apply.
We are a diverse organisation and welcome everyone but it is important to note that the intersections of your identity will not increase or affect the amount of labour you are asked to do. If you wish to draw on your own lived experiences that will be both encouraged and supported but it is not nor ever will be a prerequisite of this role.
How to Apply
To apply to be a Lead Facilitator on the Movember project, please complete the online application form.
If you are applying for a Lead Facilitator role in Manchester/Salford, you can access the application form via this link. If you have any questions, email; email@example.com